Friday, January 3, 2014

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul


I LoVe this image of 'Midge'  but was a bit worried that it would be hard to use differently to Dina Wakley whose work I love and who uses it so distinctively.


But I just worry too much!!  Playing around with an image, with your own collection of stamps and inks, means you end up using it in your own style!  After making a few tags recently I decide on an envelope as a base.  It may end up as a page in a newly created journal,


... or on a journal page!  I quite like it with all that white background :)

Stampotique Stamps Used
Upward Bound (I used the balloon string behind Midge)
Journey Collage
Tall Word Collage

Thanks for visiting, and reading my first post for Stampotique :)

7 comments:

massofhair said...

Are you on their DT Sarah? Huge congratulations on your first post for Stampotique. Love your work, great getting to see more of you:-) x

Sam & Poppy said...

Wonderful Sarah :)

Claudine said...

Your use of Midge is perfect, I love what you've done with her!!

Basement Stamper said...

love how this turned out, especially the kraft envie. gorgeous!

Kay Wallace said...

Love that you have used Midge in a very trendy piece rather than retro art. It shows her wonderful versatility!! Very crafty how you created your sentiment! Bravo, Sarah!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love it !
Corrie x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sarah, that kraft envelope is a great background, and Midge looks perfect! Love it xx